English Instruction & Improvement, For Non-Native Speakers
These sessions will be scheduled on an individual basis.
Coaching sessions for non-U.S.-born life sciences professionals offer in-depth training on ways to become more confident communicating inside and outside of their organization. Classes incorporate key soft skills using role plays of common workplace situations that take students out of their comfort zones. Trainings cover a wide variety of needs, including pronunciation, presentation skills, writing more effective emails and reports, and telephone, online and face-to-face communication with internal and external customers.
Coaching is offered remotely over six 1-hour sessions, one-on-one, with the first session in-person. Scheduling is arranged between the instructor and participant.
Focus areas will vary by individual, but may include the following:
– Placing information in context, interpreting it, and communicating to specific audiences, orally and in writing.
– “Reading people” and relationship building.
– Engaging effectively as a member of a team.
– Flexibility and adaptability, “going with the flow” during periods of change.
– For project leadership/management roles, conflict resolution, being proactive, motivating team members and giving constructive feedback.