Tax Incentive Program
The deadline for the latest round of the Tax Incentive Program is now passed. Applications are no longer being accepted.
In order to expand life sciences-related employment opportunities, promote health-related innovations and stimulate research and development, manufacturing and commercialization in the life sciences, the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center is pleased to announce that it is offering tax incentives to companies engaged in life sciences research and development, commercialization and manufacturing in Massachusetts. The primary goal of the program is to incentivize life sciences companies to create new long-term jobs in Massachusetts. To receive an award, companies must receive certification from the MLSC and must demonstrate both the scientific and academic merit of their expansion plans.
Program to Date
Through seven rounds of the program, more than $160 million has been awarded to over 100 life science companies of all sizes.
Interested applicants will be required to submit an on-line application. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis via the MLSC web site. This is a one-step application process that includes information necessary for company certification under the Life Sciences Act. Please see Sections 5 and 6 of the Solicitation for more information regarding the application process and eligibility requirements.
Policies and Reports
- Annual Report and Award Policy
- Acquisitions Policy
- Divestiture Policy
- Tax Program Termination Policy
- Report on Deferral of Decertification for 2010 Tax Reporting Cycle
- Report on Deferral of Decertification for 2011 Tax Reporting Cycle
- Report on Deferral of Decertification for 2013 Tax Reporting Cycle
- Report on Deferral of Decertification for 2014 Tax Reporting Cycle
- Report on Deferral of Decertification for 2015 Tax Reporting Cycle