- This event has passed.
2021 BioMAN Summit on “Technologies to Expand the Reach of Cell and Gene Therapies”
Featuring Keynote presentations from Professor Bruce Levine of the University of Pennsylvania and Dr. Peter Marks of USFDA.
The first FDA-approved cell and gene therapies revolutionized healthcare by bringing novel medicines to patient populations who lacked other treatment options. Progress is needed on multiple fronts to extend the application of these innovative product modalities to new patient populations and disease indications.
MIT CBI’s BioMAN Consortium will host the 2021 BioMAN Summit, which brings together thought leaders from industry, academia, and government for a series of invited presentations that will:
– Identify what innovative cell and gene therapies are advancing
through the development pipeline in the immuno-oncology space
and across other disease indications.
– Explore what the cell and gene therapy ‘factory of the future’ looks like and how it will meet the technical and logistical challenges of
scaled-up or scaled-out manufacturing.
– Discover what novel technologies can address current cell and gene therapy bottlenecks such as supply and variability of raw materials.
– Examine how analytics can improve process development and manufacturing and decrease the cost of goods for these modalities.
– Investigate strategies for introducing new technologies in the face of compressed development timelines and accelerated product