- This event has passed.
Diversity in Life Science Venture Capitalism
According to the new report Diversity and Inclusion in the VC Industry, conducted by Deloitte and NVCA, only 15% women, 15% Asian and Pacific Islanders, 3% African-Americans, and 3% Latinx reach the partner level at VC firms. People of Color are clearly underrepresented in venture capital. This month we look at ways to offset these numbers and increase diversity, equity and inclusion in the life science investment community. Our panelists will discuss:
- Their journey to becoming VCs
- The current state of the VC community
- Advice for increasing diversity in the industry
- Moderator, Terri Cooper, Ph.D., Principal, Vice-Chair External Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Deloitte
- Margarita Chavez, JD, Managing Director, AbbVie Ventures at AbbVie
- Diane Yoo, MBA, Managing Partner, Medingenii Capital
- Juan Cueva, MBA, Ph.D., Senior Associate, Action Potential Venture Capital
- Uciane Scarlett, Ph.D., Principal, Oxford Science Innovations
Unless otherwise specifically stated in relation to each and any of the events listed on this page, the MLSC does not host or sponsor these events. The MLSC has no oversight or responsibility for the venue, content or host-organization related to these events. The MLSC has no affiliation with the organizations listing events or with the events, and provides this content and information as a convenience to visitors to the MLSC website.