- This event has passed.
The Fundamentals of Pipetting with Thermo Fisher Scientific
Join Thermo Fisher Scientific for a delicious lunch, networking with peers, and an informative session on the Fundamentals of Pipetting.
Pipetting Ergonomics & YOU
Of all the factors that contribute to the performance of a pipette, the most critical ones are the skill & expertise of the operator.
- Learn the risk factors linked to pipetting.
- Review the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) recommendations to reduce and prevent these risks.
- Gain knowledge of the innovative and ergonomic tools available based on these recommendations.
Proper Pipetting Techniques
This seminar is provided to help you achieve the best possible performance with your pipettes – from function to technique, and applications. We will review the basics of pipetting, including:
- The sequence of steps involved in the pipetting cycle.
- The basic design characteristics of air-displacement pipettes and their general specifications for accuracy and precision
- The different pipetting techniques that you can begin to use immediately to achieve better accuracy and performance while minimizing pipetting errors.
Unless otherwise specifically stated in relation to each and any of the events listed on this page, the MLSC does not host or sponsor these events. The MLSC has no oversight or responsibility for the venue, content or host-organization related to these events. The MLSC has no affiliation with the organizations listing events or with the events, and provides this content and information as a convenience to visitors to the MLSC website.