- This event has passed.
University of Massachusetts Applied Life Sciences Zoom Summit
Join us to engage in a discussion of research and development in Applied Life Sciences at UMass.
University of Massachusetts “zoom summit” in Applied Life Sciences will introduce industry leaders, their colleagues in business strategy and government relations, to some of the most important breakthroughs of recent years in five key fields within the applied life sciences.
In the final hour, we invite you to discuss grand challenges that will shape the applied life sciences in the next decade. Our most accomplished scientists, from across the five campuses of the University of Massachusetts, will be on hand to discuss the most pressing translational questions in the post-COVID period.
1. Therapeutics for genetic disease and aging
2. Create self-repairing, self-correcting, and self-regulating artificial systems
3. Managing microbiomes to optimize health, address antibiotic resistance, and combat disease
4. Preparing for future pandemics
5. Program the immune system to identify and eradicate cancer