- This event has passed.
Health Equity Forum: Closing the Health Equity Gap – The Opportunity for Industry Action
There is great momentum forming in the region to address pressing health equity challenges. Policy makers and leaders in the healthcare industry have formed a myriad of partnerships and coalitions to better understand root causes to health inequities and to begin to untangle the structural challenges that have hindered progress in this area for years. The State’s unified response to the COVID-19 pandemic gives many hope that what were once intractable difficulties in providing quality healthcare to under-served communities can in fact be addressed, if the forces of academia, government and industry act in concert.
While the momentum to address these issues is undeniable, there is a window of opportunity for action by industry leaders that must be seized, with new ways of thinking applied to address layers of challenges that have built up over decades.
Please join us on Thursday, October 26, for an afternoon designed to discuss and actively define — through breakout discussion sessions – what new and urgent actions are required by industry leaders to accelerate the closing of critical health equity gaps. You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain perspective from Commonwealth officials about the critical place health equity legislation will have in the Healey Administration’s legislative agenda in 2023 and 2024, and what actions industry leaders must take to shape this legislation
- Hear from leaders at the Health Equity Compact about the path charted at the recent Health Equity Trends Summit, and what critical strategies and collective actions were prioritized, and what actions health care and life sciences leaders must now take
- Learn from Boston Medical Center leadership about innovations in care and community access that were featured at the EQTY ’23 Summit for Health Justice
- Gain insights from leaders at the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center, MassBio, and MassMedic on how addressing health equity challenges sits at the heart of industry efforts to reauthorize the Massachusetts Life Sciences Initiative
- Actively participate in facilitated breakout sessions designed to collectively plan meaningful actions to address critical health equity issues
- Diversifying the healthcare and life sciences workforces to enhance access to under-served communities
- Framing the critical role of data – given current limitations and the disruptive opportunities presented by AI – in addressing health inequities
- Understanding the astounding costs of inaction on health inequities – estimated at $5.9 billion – and what actions your organization can take as part of a collective movement to address these costs
- Enhancing and promoting the voice of under-served racial and ethnic communities to accelerate the path to significantly improved health outcomes
- Update on legislative plans for health equity
- Panel discussion summarizing achievements and goals for Massachusetts Health Equity Compact and linkages in health and economic mobility
- Breakout sessions and industry Call to Action: Workforce diversification, Critical role of data in addressing health inequities, Addressing the $5.9B costs of inaction – industry actions required
- Facilitating critical community connectivity
- A healthy Boston for all – a view from Boston area high school leaders
Unless otherwise specifically stated in relation to each and any of the events listed on this page, the MLSC does not host or sponsor these events. The MLSC has no oversight or responsibility for the venue, content or host-organization related to these events. The MLSC has no affiliation with the organizations listing events or with the events, and provides this content and information as a convenience to visitors to the MLSC website.