- This event has passed.
The Science Of Biotech
Tuesday, May 26th, 2020 8:45-11:00 AM
Thursday, May 28th, 2020 8:45-11:00 AM
Monday, June 1st, 2020 8:45-11:00 AM
This online course is designed for the non-scientists as a survey of the basic biological processes that are foundational to the Biopharma and life sciences industry. You will apply your new understanding of basic cell and molecular biology to the work of most life sciences companies that research and develop therapies and products that improve lives, enhance agriculture, and decrease the dependence on fossil fuels.
– Industry Overview
– The Raw Materials of Biotechnology: Protein and Cells
– Industry Applications: The Raw Materials of Biotechnology: DNA
– Molecular Biology: From DNA to Protein
– Genetics: Chromosomes, Genes and Genomes
– Industry Applications
– Genetic Engineering
– The Immune System
– Industry Applications: Mitigating Disease